You will be surprised to know that medical malpractice is the third leading cause of death here in the United States. So, looking at the complex nature of this medical practice, we can understand how a small mistake done by the doctor can lead to life-altering problems for the patients.
There are many different types of medical malpractice that happen and every case will be different. So here you have those experienced professionals like the ones we have at Correll Law Firm who can help you fight against this wrongful act. They are the best medical malpractice attorney in Winchester. Just write to them in the email if you have any concerns.
So, here we are going to list the different types of medical malpractices that you need to be careful about:
- Misdiagnosis: A proper diagnosis is very important to get proper medical treatment. So, if you are not treated properly due to your doctor’s negligence then he will be liable to pay for this condition.
- Delayed diagnosis: This happens when the doctor has not diagnosed the issue at the correct time. this can lead to worsening in the condition of the patient or have caused serious injuries. In such cases, a hospital will be liable for this by paying the patient for their negligence.
- Surgical negligence: This negligence can often lead to surgeries, infection, system failures, or organ damages. Though these are rare this can also be fatal in some cases. In such a situation doctor or the hospital will have to pay for his misdeed.
- Birth injuries: These are caused due to the negligence of obstetricians, Gynecologist, or a midwife. This can lead to lifelong problems for a newborn such as cerebral palsy, which happens due to lack of oxygen.
- Medical practice during pregnancy: This can happen at the time of delivery or weeks before it. For example, a doctor fails to diagnose a mother with hypoglycemia, preeclampsia, gestational diabetes, and many more.
- Unintentional laceration and perforation – This is one of the most dangerous mistakes that a surgeon can make during an operation. This can lead to severe infection or sometimes sepsis too. In rare cases, internal bleeding can lead to death too.
- Foreign object left in the body: It happens that some days after the surgery you might suffer from sepsis or infections. This can be due to some foreign object left in the body.
Medical negligence can be avoided when a medical professional deviates from his level of duty of care. In such cases, a hospital will be liable to pay for his negligence.