The National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse believes that spirituality and God plays an important role in the effective rehabilitation of people who are suffering from substance abuse. They state that addictive people are not only suffering physically, but also mentally, socially, emotionally, and spiritually. People having faith in religion, God, Universe, or those who are spiritual, can place their trust on higher self and come out of the substance abuse with spiritual treatment. There are many methods used in such type of recovery program, which is widely known as the Faith-based recovery program.
This holistic approach works wonders on the addictives in a positive way. Their life takes a major turn once they react to the treatment sportingly. The belief in God allows the patients to accept the situation and also gets the strength to overcome the addictiveness. The person’s spiritual, emotional, and physical well-being is re-established with the right guidance and support that the recovery program provides. Hence, those who are addicted or have their close ones facing similar situations must try to opt for the faith-based recovery program.
Benefits of Faith-Based Recovery Program
- Once the addicts attend the program, their trust in God is enhanced. There are many activities held in the program such as meditation, prayers, group prayers, yoga, exercise, etc. Meeting with other peers with the same problems makes the addict comfortable and responds with a positive mindset. After listening to others’ successful recovery stories, the addict starts to trust the staff members, doctors, and most importantly, themselves. This creates a major change in their mindset.
- The addict respects himself and believes he can lead a sober life. Unconditional love, forgiveness, confidence, mindfulness, freedom self-respect, self-esteem, happiness, peace, etc principles are inculcated in the patient. These principles show that the patient is heading towards his recovery.
- Once the addict completes the treatment process, he is supported by the center as the aftercare support. The recovery treatment is an ongoing process depending upon the individual. Hence, the patient is not alone in his transformational journey. He can connect with other peers even after the program is over and continue with his life-changing journey.
- The treatment is tailored according to the patient’s medical history, reasons for being addictive, their overall needs and preferences, their religion and spiritual beliefs.
- The program focuses on the family of the patient for healing while dealing with the addiction problem. This helps the family to take proper care of the individual.
- The program focuses on the root cause of the addiction as there can be some unknown underlying mental illness.
Drug Rehab New Jersey
There is widespread availability of opioids that includes illegal drugs, such as heroin, and some legal painkillers like oxycodone and hydrocodone in New Jersey. The Garden State residents face problems of addictions to drugs and alcohol. But you will also find that numerous Drug rehab centers in New Jersey are working hard to heal the patients leading them to a normal life.
If you are looking for a drug rehab center in New Jersey, then look for the center that has accreditation from The Joint Commission. The Joint Commission looks for the safety, patient care, treatments offered, and the service by the staff members. The best center is successful in earning a seal of approval from NAATP. Look for a center that is safe and secured that provides world-class treatment.
Types of Drug Rehab New Jersey Treatment
- Detox Program- It is the first step in the treatment process that removes the toxic substances from the patient’s body. There can be some withdrawal symptoms faced by the patient, although doctors and nurses provide utmost care during the process. Hence, patients can experience a smooth detox treatment in the center.
- Residential Inpatient Program- Patients need to live in the center for the treatment. Their normal routine is structured that includes therapy and group meetings regularly. The routine also includes a healthy diet, yoga, exercise, meditation, etc.
- Medication Assisted Treatment Program- This treatment is for both inpatient and outpatient addicts. Opioids can be treated using medications. It helps to reduce the cravings for drugs in the patients. Though this treatment is not for everyone, so you should take guidance from your treatment provider.
- Aftercare Treatment- The patient gets support from the drug rehab center even after the treatment process is over. The outpatient setting is for months or years depending on the patient that helps the patient to live a normal healthy sober life.
Solutions Recovery Center
Alcoholism and drug addiction is a disease that affects the functioning of the brain. The mental, social, and behavioral functioning of the patient is also highly impacted due to substance abuse. If this illness is not treated on time, it can lead to chronic and fatal illnesses. This creates a major impact on the lives of patients’ family members too. Solutions Recovery Center believes in treating patients with respect and dignity. They believe that every patient needs to get accurate treatment irrespective of caste, gender, age, etc. The patient has the potential to recover from the addiction and can see the change and growth in his life.
At Solutions Recovery Center you will get individual therapy, that is a one-on-one session with a trained counselor, psychologist, or psychiatrist in a private meeting. The discussion is related to the patients’ life, work, family, etc that may have contributed to the patient being addicted. Even after the patient gets discharged, he gets aftercare support to ensure the recovery of the patient. It includes vocational counseling, planning for sober living, care, and support that is needed to keep the motivation high of the patient.
Thus, if you are your close one is suffering mentally or physically, due to drug or alcohol addiction, then visiting the Solutions Recovery Center will be extremely beneficial. The patient can live a sober life with confidence, self-respect, and dignity in the social world.