Damages that happen due to car accidents can be minor and major and in rare cases they can lead to death as well. The number of accident cases has increased year by year and this also enhances the demand for a car accident attorney in Toledo. As we mentioned some vehicle injuries are minor and can be resolved without needing any medical assistance, however, some may need proper medical care which costs money, and in such cases asking for compensation from another party seems a valid option for the victim.
In this piece, we will learn all about the damages that are associated with car accidents.
- Soft Tissue Injuries – It is the most common type of accident injury which can happen in both major and minor accidents. Examples of such injuries are swelling, pain, bruising, snapping sound, etc.
- Cuts and Scrapes – The other type of accident injury is cuts and scrapes in which the upper layer of skin is damaged or torn. This type of injury generally happens if the victim hits any hard thing causing damage to the body. This injury comes with other symptoms which are fever, redness around the area, etc.
- Chest Injuries – This is considered a serious accident injury that requires immediate medical attention. The driver is at the highest risk of getting chest injuries as the distance between their chest and the steering wheel is short. The common symptoms to watch for in chest injuries are rapid heartbeat, shortness of breath, numbness, etc.
- Head Injuries – Head injuries are fatal and if not given proper medicare care can lead to death as well. After the accident, if the airbag doesn’t open on time then the chances of getting severe head injuries are high. The symptoms to look for are nausea, feeling sick, vomiting, passing out, etc.
- Back injuries – Back injury generally happens in motor vehicle accidents as our spinal cords are not designed to sustain major or heavy impact caused by accidents. Some of the common back injury symptoms are abnormal posture, stiffness, pain, muscle spasms, etc.
- Leg and Arm Injuries – Leg and arm injuries in accidents caused due to sudden extremities. It can also lead to fractured bones. Some of the common signs to look for in leg and arm injuries are deformity, swelling, bruising, etc.
- Internal Injuries – This is considered the serious damage that can happen to anyone in a car accident. If the organs started bleeding internally in a car accident then it requires immediate surgery. Common signs of internal injuries are seizures, dizziness, etc.