With the continuous evolution in the digital landscape, consumer expectations are drastically increasing. Today, customers are more likely to engage with a site that provides a highly personalized, interactive, and omnichannel experience.
To build such a site, you need a powerful, agile, and comprehensive content management system (CMS) that can help you achieve your business goals and KPIs.
What can a CMS do for you?
- It can allow users to create, edit, manage and publish content through a user-friendly interface.
- It enables you to retrieve and store content in one place and in a consistent fashion.
- Workflows make assigning permissions for managing content to authors, editors, and admins easier.
- It enables you to organize and publish content live.
- It accelerates speed-to-market.
If you are looking for a highly customizable, scalable, and SEO-packed CMS, Drupal is a go-to choice for you. It powers more than 1,000,000 websites, including NASA, Arizona, Mint, the NY Government, The Economist, Tesla, the Australian Government, and many more.
But why Drupal?
Drupal is a free, open-source CMS written in PHP and distributed under the GNU General Public License. With robust content management tools and sophisticated APIs for multichannel publishing, it is the best digital experience platform (DXP).
The comprehensive features of Drupal:
- Highly scalable
- Mobile-optimized and highly responsive design
- Integrates easily with a wide ecosystem of digital marketing technology
- Customizable WYSIWYG editor for content and marketing pros
- Flexible content architecture
- No licensing fees: it’s free
- A strong foundation of LAMP technology stack: Linus, Apache, MySQL, and PHP
- Multilingual: easy to create and manage content for the global, multilingual audience.
Top 7 Advantages of Choosing Drupal As Your CMS
1. Scalability And Quality Performance
Drupal 8 and later versions are scalable, deliver quality performance, and can handle sudden spikes in web traffic. With Drupal, you can extend from one to a hundred pages without changing anything.
Drupal allows you to improve your site’s performance in a variety of ways:
- Content Delivery Network (CDN): It offloads much of your website delivery to dedicated edge caches.
- Site monitoring tools: You can easily check your site’s health and performance with Nagios Drupal Plugin, Drupal Modules, Drupal Sentry (7.x), and Drupal Healthcheck. Here is an example of a Drupal Healthcheck report.
- Blazy: This module enables integration with bLazy to lazy load and multi-serve images.
Unlike most CMSes, Drupal is nearly 100% customizable, with more than 40,000 modules and plug-ins and around 3,000 themes. On top of it, the custom module in Drupal allows users to create new features and tweak the existing ones to adapt to their unique business needs.
In addition, Drupal also offers:
- Custom functionality and integration of web applications using third-party APIs.
- Enhance Custom content types that allow you to create a custom format. This enables users to use Drupal as a database management system with a web front-end.
- A flexible implementation that allows you to add any feature whenever you want. For example, you may start with a blog, but you have the option to add features like forums, a wiki, electronic commerce, etc.
- Easier configurability to interact with other technologies and sites.
- Easier listing and search information using Views.
3. Indestructible Safety
Security is a top priority of every business. Drupal is undoubtedly a popular choice among enterprise-level clients and government agencies. It follows strong coding standards and a strict community code review process, making it resilient against critical internet vulnerabilities. Drupal ensures:
- Core-validation and auto-update work in partnership with GitHub
- Database Encryption
- User Access Control
- Sharing of information through security reports
- Prevention of malicious data entry
- Reduction of DoS (Denial of Service) attacks
In addition, Drupal meets OWASP (Open Web Application Security Project) standards. OWASP is a 501(c)(3) non-profitable organization that focuses on improving software security. The huge security team and community actively screen Drupal to analyze and report vulnerabilities.
You can test your Drupal-based site using the Security Review Module. Here is an example of a Security Review Module Report:
4. Customer-centric User Experience
Drupal is loaded with several content personalization modules that enable businesses like you to improve the user experience. The enhanced catching abilities of Drupal improve the page loading speed and efficiency. Its layout tools allow users to easily reuse content for different marketing campaigns and create landing pages. Overall, Drupal is a highly efficient and presentable UX (User Experience).
Here are some of the best Drupal Modules for amazing user experience:
- Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP)
- Field Group Drupal
- Rabbit Hole
5. Resilient Platform
Drupal enables users to easily create and manage various content types, from infographics and videos to blogs and podcasts. You can easily create a content-rich website for media and commerce. It provides infinite design possibilities and better control over design element editing.
With Drupal, you can:
- Design custom templates
- Create forms and review it
- Use your own PHP scripts as an extension to the CMS
- Categorize listings with previous and next links of submitted content and much more.
6. Accessibility And Ability To Integrate Marketing Tools
Drupal functions and features conform to WCAG, WAI-ARIA, and ADA guidelines and ensure an inclusive experience for all its users. It is SEO-friendly and allows easier integration with popular marketing tools, like:
- Google Analytics
- Crazy Egg
- Social Auth Google
Here are some contributed modules for extending accessibility in Drupal:
- A11Y: Form Helpers
- Civic Accessibility Toolbar
- High contrast (beta)
- Block ARIA Landmark Roles
- CKEditor Abbreviation
- CKEditor Accessibility Auditor
- Accessibility Toolkit
- HTML Purifier
- Fluidproject UI Options
- Automatic Alternative Text
- Text Resize
- Node Link Report
- Style Switcher
7. Dedicated Community
Drupal is a community of 100,000+ stories. Its dedicated community is highly active and offers ideas, advice, and public documentation. The community also plays an important role in reviewing, testing, and giving feedback to deliver the best experience.
Wrapping it up!
Drupal is a versatile and free CMS that comes with intuitive features required to survive in today’s highly competitive landscape. Above, we have mentioned seven benefits of choosing Drupal as your next content management system.
If you want to gain a competitive advantage, you should go with Drupal. You can contact an experienced and reputable Drupal development company.
A Drupal development company will help you build a fast, dynamic, responsive, and scalable site that can stand high on your objective and improve your customer experience.